For people with thin, fine eyebrows who are looking to get thicker brows, microblading might be an option. Here are some things that you should know, including facts, costs, pre- and post-care instructions, and some FAQs.
What Is microblading?
Essentially, microblading is a form of semi-permanent tattoo for your eyebrow. The procedure makes use of a nanoblade dipped into a pigment matching your natural hair color and skin tone. This nanoblade is then used to create hair-like incision strokes along the eyebrow to either reshape, enhance, or create a fuller, natural-looking appearance of the brows. While the pigment doesn’t go as deep as a regular tattoo, it’s still considered a tattoo as the pigment is implanted under the skin.
How much does it cost?
Get the results you deserve with quality microblading, and at an affordable price too! Allexa will pay close attention to detail and receptiveness to the unique needs of each client.
- First treatment with complimentary touch-up between 4 and 6 weeks: $350
- Touch-up after six weeks: $50
- Touch-up after six months – year: $150
Pre- and Post-Care Instructions
Here are some things that you should take note of before and after the procedure:
- Pre-Care Instructions
- For at least 72 hours before the procedure, avoid consuming alcohol, ibuprofen/aspirin, or any vitamins that may thin your blood.
- No chemical peels or face scrubs at least 2 weeks before the procedure.
- So that we can assess your natural skin tone, please avoid tanning.
- You can come in with your brow makeup on – this will help us see the day-to-day look that you prefer. You can also bring images of brow shapes and colors for reference.
- Post-Care Instructions
- Within 2 hours after the procedure, make sure to clean your brows using a Q-tip. Lightly moisten it with distilled water and gently wipe away the old, healing balm and any lymphatic liquid that may have built up.
- Apply a light layer of healing balm in the morning and evening for at least 5 – 7 days after the procedure. Note: Do not over apply the healing balm.
- For a minimum of 10 days, do NOT apply any makeup on the brow area. Please remember that the microbladed area is an open wound, therefore, it is prone to infections.
- As it heals, the brow area will feel slightly itchy. It will start to lightly scab over as well. Don’t pick or peel the scabs since this can affect the pigmentation and overall outcome.
- Do NOT immerse the brow area in water for at least 14 days. When showering, make certain that the brow area does not get wet.
- No chemical peels or face scrubs for at least 2 weeks after the procedure.
Here are some commonly asked questions:
Q: Does microblading hurt?
Q: Will my skin be red or swollen after?
Q: How do you choose the right shape and color for each client?
Q: How long is the procedure?
Q: How important is aftercare?
Q: How long does microblading last?
Q: How long does the healing process take?
Q: Will my brows fade?
Q: Is microblading safe?
Talk to an Expert
Need more information about microblading? Contact Allexa today and benefit from her expertise!